Loading
Send me One Million FREE Guaranteed Visitors Mummy Madness and Mayhem: Please no SNOT!

Thursday 17 December 2009

Please no SNOT!

if you have been reading my blog then you probably already know I'm a little worried / verging on paranoid about the swine flu situation. I haven't been asked yet if i want my boy to have the vaccine which I'm a little annoyed about even though i haven't decided yet if i would let him have it, it still would be nice to have the option.

Anyway i have been a bit of a mean mummy because of my paranoia which i think is completely justified given the fact that he is my first baby and possibly my last. Obviously i want to wrap him up in cotton wool and protect him from all those nasty germs but also i wont let him near any children who could be potential carriers. Which made my mothers offer to take him to visit Santa seem like a putting my baby in a leper camp (which he hated by the way, i was secretly pleased as that meant a speedy get away)

But I've sort of developed a self inflicted agoraphobia and banished us to the safety of the house. I'm not a great fan of leaving the house when its so bloody cold outside anyway and I've avoided visiting friends who have all seemed to have gotten some kind of flu bug recently and so far we managed to stay bug free.

But this paranoia has turned me to dislike other peoples children i don't mean kids i know, i mean strangers kids you know the ones that really piss you off. The supermarket screamers and the snotty nosed ones, the ones whose parents seem not to notice the string of snot dangling from there nose, which usually gets sucked back in via either nose or mouth or wiped dry with grubby little hands.

It makes me soooooo angry that people don't have a clue about cleanliness and germs especially with the flu's and winter bugs. I understand that yes you cant keep your kids clean all of the time but come on people a bit of common sense and courtesy for those of us who are scared stiff our kids may get ill please wipe noses with tissues and throw them in the bin.

Well anyway all this being said i woke up this morning to a very unhappy little boy and an echo of sniffles and sneezes. We all feel like crap my boy cant drink anything because he cant breath and suck at the same time. He cant eat because chewing seems like a full body work out and yes he has snot dangling from both nostrils which he keeps sniffing back up and wiping on the back of his hand.

Well i suppose it shows me locking us in the house may have put off the inevitable temporarily but you can never stop these things. Now i have a poorly baby who's supposed to be having a birthday party Saturday urrggggghhh Fingers crossed he'll be better by then x

No comments:

Post a Comment